Your provider may suggest a “punch” biopsy when doing a skin check or evaluating a rash. This type of biopsy is used to evaluate a full thickness sample of skin. The skin is anesthetized with local anesthesia and a small cookie cutter like device is used to take a few mm core sample of the skin. The defect (hole) is closed with stitches that will be removed in 1-2 weeks depending upon location of the biopsy.
- Do Topical and Oral Hair Restoration Treatments Work? Here’s What You Should Know
- Should You Consider Hair Transplant Surgery for Hair Loss?
- Want to Get Rid of Those Fine Facial Lines? Try These Injectable Treatments
- More and More Men and Women are Utilizing PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Services to Stop Hair Loss
- Welcome to the New Premier Dermatology Website